As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air — however slight — lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.
~ William O. Douglas ~
Song in my mind, songs on my lips, songs filling my home with some joy this morning. My morning Spotify is kicking love, happiness and some dancing tunes to get the feet moving and blood pumping.
It’s Tuesday, had an amazing night connecting with someone last night. For those of you not watching The Gifted I highly recommend it. Granted, I am an X-nerd and this is right up my alley so I might be biased.
Continue reading Good morning 10/17/17
How amazing our universe is. We are all so full of ourselves thinking these petty arguments and moments and heartaches are overwhelming.
Look though, look at beauty of life. Light years from us the universe creates and destroys and rebuilds over and over again endlessly and we have the gall to believe we are the only happy accident to come of it.
We are made of stars and the stars are made of us and all the things we are will be again.
I wish I could have witnessed this. Being mortal is such an anchor on the soul.
Discovery of the day: Liquid Aminos
Getting complete proteins away from meat is always difficult for the beginner in the meatless lifestyle. I focus on quinoa and protein powders for most of mine.
Speaking of protein powders, just purchased this one and have found it to be quite satisfying.
I mix a tablespoon of peanut butter into it because I mix peanut butter into everything, and it came out quite good.
Also, as my 3pm snack and if I have a night time craving, I purchased a few of these to soothe the belly rumblings.
Actually pretty satisfied with those also. Since I moved to a cleaner lifestyle my blood sugars are down almost 30 points, my body fat percentage is down 6%, and while my weight is down only a few pounds, my body is physically changing extensively.
Continue reading Dinner 10/16/17
This is how you make fluffy quinoa every time. Nothing soggy and overcooked. This quinoa process yields fluffy, lovely nutty quinoa in just over twenty minutes.
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups water (use 2 cups if you like a moister fluffiness)
- pinch of sea salt
- Rinsing your quinoa first is optional. Rinsing the quinoa removes the natural coating called saponin. Sometimes unrinsed quinoa can have a bolder, nuttier and sometimes bitter flavor. If you do rinse your quinoa, reduce water amount to 1 1/2 cups since the quinoa will be slightly moistened from the rinsing process.
- Add the water to a soup pot. Add the quinoa and pinch of salt.
- Bring to a low boil. When the first signs of boiling begin, cover the pot with a lid and reduce heat to low-medium. Allow to simmer at this heat, covered, for 15 minutes.
- When 15 minutes has passed, pop back over to the stove and turn the heat all the way off — but DO NOT open the lid of the pot yet! This will upset the fluffing ability of all that trapped steam in the pot.
- With the heat OFF, walk away from the pot for about 5-10 minutes.
- Return back to the pot and remove lid. Using a fork, fluff the quinoa a bit as the remaining steam escapes.
- You can sprinkle spices over top and fold those in or simply serve as is, warm and fluffy.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
- Calories: 313kcal
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 12g
- Totalcarbs: 54g
- Dietaryfiber: 6g
What a blessed and glorious morning. It’s cool, perfect day to stay wrapped up and not go to work, but have to pay bills. My Literati habit isn’t going to pay for itself.
Attempted oil pulling for the first time today, discovered that unmelted coconut oil’s texture just about made me vomit. Will try again tomorrow with it more liquidy.
Started the morning with C25k coach. My goal is to be able to run a 5k under 30 minutes. I can lift weights all day and be happy, cardio makes me very sad. So all the help I can get.
Continue reading Good morning 10/16/17